Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Fun!

We ended up with about a foot of snow. After seeing all of the ice to the south of us I am so grateful that it was just snow. It is very pretty and we have been enjoying it.


I thought this picture really showed how deep the snow was.


Megan was sitting in Chuck's tire rut.



After some fun in the snow it was time to head in for a nice warm bath and dinner. After dinner we made some snow ice cream.


1 gallon snow (you remove the top layer of snow and scoop the snow from the middle of the snow fall)
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs vanilla
1 can evaporated milk + regular milk to make two cups

Mix snow, sugar and vanilla. (I didn't measure the snow I just eyed it and had extra snow available) Then add milk. Depending on the mixture you may need to add more milk or snow to get the correct consistency. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Snow cream is delicious! My mom used to make it for us.

    Looks like Megan is really enjoying the snow. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow cream! We haven't had enough snow to make it yet!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!