Friday, January 23, 2009

Oatmeal Cookie Pie

Did you know that today is National Pie Day? I had no idea until Mrs. U mentioned it last week. She had a wonderful idea to have everyone make a pie to celebrate. I made an Oatmeal Cookie Pie.



Graham Cracker Crust

1 1/2 finely crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
8 T melted butter

Combine all ingredients and pat into pie pan.

3 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 T melted butter
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1 T flour
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt

Beat eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar and butter. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into crust and bat at 350* on a baking sheet for 45-59 minutes or until center is set.

Great served with fresh whipped cream. You could also add 3/4 cups raisin if desired.

Be sure to visit Mrs. U over at Making A House A Home to see some wonderful pies. Oh, and this really does taste like an oatmeal cookie! Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Wendi! This looks SO delicous!!! And I LOVE graham cracker pie crusts!! MMM!!!

    Wait, this is a healhy pie, right? I mean, it IS oatmeal after all. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend! And Happy National Pie Day!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought of this one, but it sure looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the yummiest pie ever, Wendi...I may just have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi, That sounds soooo good! And I love any recipe that calls for things I have right in my pantry. And I love another 'holiday' that has to do with pies! Enjoy and have a great weekend. Thanks for the recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    Your pie looks so delicious. I will have to give the recipe a try.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds great!! Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmm! This looks wonderful! My hubby is a huge oatmeal cookie fan - what a fun way to change it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks oh so good. I've got to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!