Monday, January 12, 2009

Library Bags, A Gift & A Birthday

I hope that everyone had a fabulous weekend. Mine was nice and relaxing. I spent a little time crafting and made monogram library bags for Megan and myself.



Mom had given me these canvas bags. She purchased them for a $1 at a discount craft store and had given me some left over fabric from a blanket she made. I used Word to print out the letters. I used the font Coppers Black size 500. After cutting out my letters I used Heat & Bond Adhesive to attach them.


A simple, inexpensive craft. I am so pleased with they way they turned out that I am thinking of making these bags to use a gift bags for Birthdays/Christmas presents.

We have the most delightful neighbors. She is in her 70's and he is in his late 80's. Due to a stroke over a year ago he is bedridden and is not really able to communicate. Chuck and Megan go over to visit with Bill and it is the highlight of his day. We received a call over the weekend asking Chuck to help out with something (he has become her handyman) and saying that she had a gift for Megan. She crocheted Megan a blanket!


I think handmade gifts are the best!!

Today is my birthday. All I will say is that I am thirty-something! I am heading over the my sister's house to stencil her upstairs hallway. I just might treat myself to breakfast at Chick-fil-A on the way. This evening we will be going to my parents house for my birthday dinner. Wishing everyone a great Monday!


11 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDI!! I'm 30 something also!!Have a GREAT DAY...oh and those library bags were inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Wendi,from another 30 something.:-)

    The bags are really cute. Be sure and treat yourself today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    Those bags are so cute--love the fabric.

    Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Wendi! I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 30-something Birthday! Funny how my kids celebrate their half birthdays, and we generalize it to the decade! I'm 30-something too.
    Love the library bags. Ours are usually filled to the gills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Love those bags. We would have them filled as much as we bring out of the library!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Wendi!
    With a wonderful family, and what sounds like a wonderful life, your thirty-something year should just bring more happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to you....

    I love the library bags..they turned out really cute...I love dots and I love pink and brown!!!

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!