Monday, January 05, 2009

Kitchen Ceiling & Cabinet Organization

This weekend was all about the kitchen. Chuck was busy installing the new ceiling. Here is a during picture. You can see the ugly tiles that were there before.


While Megan napped I worked on cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. I ended up removing two boxes of stuff. Here are a couple of before and after pictures.





This cabinet is next to my stove. It holds baking supplies and spices. It had become neglected and I was just stashing stuff instead of putting it away. I consolidated a few items, but other then that everything went back in. Just neatly! It really pays to be organized. I had just bought a new jar of peanut butter thinking we were almost out. I found an unopened jar of peanut butter hiding in the mess. Sigh!

I just need to clean out two utensil drawers and then I can mark the kitchen's hidden areas off my list.

I am also happy to report that the ceiling is now completely installed. Now the fun painting part begins. Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to following your kitchen redo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Wendi. I enjoyed seeing the before and after pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the before - during and after photos. Question about the ceiling. Is it glued or nailed up there? You are using a flooring material correct? I love the idea! thanks for sharing. I also need to clean out cabinets so thanks for the push. Lynn Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LynnMarie ~ We are using Pine tongue and groove plank paneling. It comes in 8 foot lengths and is what would be used to pannel a wall. I think sometimes the home stores call it car siding also. We nailed it up. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on getting the kitchen cabinets organized! I know how good that feels when it's all done.

    I need to tackle my kids' rooms!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!