Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

The year 2008 was a delightful year for us! We had our ups and downs, but overall enjoyed life!

We are not the party kind of people. We started the day out with breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then it was home to settle in. I spent the day watching movies on Lifetime and Chuck worked on the kitchen ceiling. We then spent a quiet evening watching movies and were tucked in sound asleep well before the New Year began.

I have some goals for 2009. Simplify is the name of the game for 2009.

My house is a disaster! Now when you come in you don't see it. It is the closets, cabinets and such that need help. All of those hidden areas that I would just die if someone saw. Well, you will get to see them this year. The first thing on my list is to get rid of the clutter and get things in order. I don't know about you, but when my home is cluttered my mind and heart are cluttered too.

My kitchen is getting a budget friendly update. I am so looking forward to it. I will take lots of before and after pictures to share.

I plan to say no to more outside activities and enjoy the pleasure of being home. With the pleasure of being home I will have more time for the things I enjoy. Reading and crafting. I plan to learn to crochet and knit this year. Hopefully spending more time at home will help with our budget killer... eating out!

Another goal is to work on follow through. I will have a project that I begin or plan to begin and then never see it through to the end. I will be working hard to correct this bad habit.

The final goal is to establish a new budget and stick to it!

I am looking forward to what 2009 brings. My wish is for all of my friends and family to have a home full of faith, hope and love in the New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, Wendi! Your goals seem very attainable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so much like me! I asked for knitting supplies for Christmas and I'm busy learning how to knit right now. It's fun so far. I'm ALWAYS looking for a new homemaking skill or craft to learn!

    I am happiest when I am home with my family. I know that's where God wants me at this stage in my life.

    Happy New Year!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    I, like you, plan on decluttering and have already started. I get in these moods where I start throwing or giving away things. I feel so much better after that!!

    Oh and I also like staying home...I just feel so happy and content!

    Stop in and visit me again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Now when you come in you don't see it. It is the closets, cabinets and such that need help. All of those hidden areas that I would just die if someone saw."

    Oh how I can relate to this, Wendi!!! This is my goal- to declutter all the hidden areas!! OH MY!!!

    I can't wait for before and after pictures! They are always so inpsiring, aren't they?

    Have a blessed week!! And enjoy your daughter that is growing SO quickly!!!!! Where did our babies go??

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!