Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Homemaking Monday



On my bedside table:
Revealed by Tamera Alexander

On my TV:
Disney
Tonight will be Jon & Kate Plus 8

On the menu for tonight:
Pizza Casserole & Salad

On my To Do list:
Laundry
Reading
Vaccum
Tidy up house
Babysit

New recipe I tried last week:
Oatmeal Cookie Pie

In the craft basket:
Valentine wreath

Looking forward to:
A wonderful evening with my family.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Spray measuring cups/spoons with non-stick spray before measuring sticky things like peanut butter, honey etc so they slide right out. I should have taken my own advise when I measured out corn syrup for my pie! lol

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Putting My Husband First by Monica @ The Homespun Heart

Favorite photo of the week:

Could Megan "cheese" any harder!

Lesson learned the past few days:
Don't leave the bathroom to answer the phone if you leave a tube of toothpaste on the counter and your two year old daughter alone with it!

On my Prayer List:
My husband

Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Philippians 4:11

This is something new that Sandra @ Diary of a SAHM is hosting. Be sure stop by and wish her a great Monday!

7 comments:

  1. I was wondering what I was going to make for dinner tonight and now I know...the same as you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun reading your list, Wendi. Your daughter is beautiful and I had a good laugh when I read the lesson you learned. As for the scripture verse, it's one of my favourites because it's one of my most difficult areas: contentment.
    Blessings from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - got a laugh out of the picture and the toothpaste mental picture! :)

    I love that series by Tamera Alexander!

    There were lots of great comments to the "hubby" post - and over the weekend, I just realized how far I have to go in this area.

    Thank you for your friendship and encouragement!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture. I enjoyed reading your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading yours and I love the picture :)

    I've never read any of Tamera Alexander's books, are they good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendi,

    I keep hearing about Jon and Kate + 8 but have never seen it.

    I just use water to make sticky stuff less sticky in meausring cups, and it works pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!