Monday, January 19, 2009

Craft, Coat Closet & Kitchen Ceiling Update

This weekend was great and I feel like so much was accomplished. I have gone through everything in the living room, including the closet! Oh, it feels so good to sit in here and know that there isn't a messy closet or clutter stuffed here and there. Here are the before pictures of the closet.



And the after.



There is still a little more in there then I would like, but when you live in a smaller house you make the best of it.

While cleaning it out I did realize that I have too many project in progress or to be started. Until I get a few things accomplished there will be no more trips to Michael's or JoAnn's!

This is one way that I store my projects.


Once I have everything I need for a project I will place it in a bag and place it over a hanger. I then hang it in the closet and when I am ready I have everything I need in one place.

Megan went home with her Grandma (Chuck's mom) after church and we were able to finish painting the kitchen ceiling.


I think it turned out great and I can't wait to get the lights back up. The next step is to remove wallpaper.

I am off to start laundry. My sister and nieces will be coming over later this morning and then I have my babysitting kids this afternoon. Looks to be a busy day! Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    Thanks for your kind comment this morning, and also for showing how you store your craft projects. I am going to keep that idea in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organization does feel good! Looks like you are on your way to feeling good all the time! lol I saw that article in Country Woman also...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a productive girl you have been! Enjoy your week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to store a craft project! I know what you mean about finding creative ways to organize a small house. We have to do the same thing!

    Keep up the good work!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Celiling! Great closet update too. I too live in a small house and know what you mean. Love that you will be staying away from Michaels for a while. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ceiling looks great! And so does your closet. I am impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment. Your before and after pictures of this closet remind me a lot of my before and after pictures of the coat closet! You did a great job. I am organizing my sewing room from top to bottom. Whew! I'm afraid it won't all get done today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!