Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cell Numbers Go Public?

I received an e-mail yesterday from a friend. She was telling me that cell phone numbers are going public? What? Maybe I have been living with my head in the sand, but I had no idea this was happening.

Here is what Cathie had to say:

"REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing
companies and you will start to receive sales calls.... YOU WILL BE
CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your
time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the
cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a
different phone number."

I figured if I didn't have a clue about this that some of you may not have heard of this either. My cell number is only given out to a handful of people and I sure don't want to be receiving unsolicited calls. It took me less then a minute to have my cell number added to the no call list. It should take effect within 31 days.

1 comment:

  1. This email has been going around for a few years. You can read what Snopes says about it here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!