Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bacon Muffins

I have been looking for make ahead breakfast items. Chuck has to be at work at 6:30 each morning and isn't ready to eat until after he arrives at work. He mentioned that he is getting bored with the normal fare so I have been on the look out for something different.



6 bacon strips, diced
2 cups baking mix
2 tbs sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup milk

Cook bacon and drain. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry just until moistened. Fold in bacon. Bake at 400* for 13-15 minutes. Yields 9 muffins.

These were tasty and unique. Not something that we would eat weekly, but definitely something I will make again. These would be awesome served warm with eggs and fruit. Enjoy!

Recipe from February 2009 Taste of Home Simple & Delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! My hubby leaves to early for me to get up with him like 5:00am. So I always pack his breakfast/lunch/snacks the night before. I will have try these out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. I'll have to give them a try!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea is right, sub diced ham and cheese for the bacon and you will have another great muffin to send him off with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!