Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Our Thanksgiving was nice, but busy.

We started with meal number one at my parents. It was a small gathering this year. My sister and her family and then my uncle and his daughter were there. After dinner the kids had a coloring contest.


We then headed to my mother-in-law's for dinner number two. I ate very little there. Just enough so I didn't offend anyone! It was a long day. We left the house about 10:30 and didn't get home until 8. Megan was exhausted. She fell asleep in the car and we were able to slide her into bed without her waking up.

Friday we started decorating. Unfortunately I didn't get far. The tree is up, but still needs a little more. Megan had fun "helping."


I ended up going out on Friday. I hadn't planned on it, but mom wanted to go out. We hit Kohl's and boy was it busy! The line from all the way to the back of the store. Luckily everyone was patient and even held places in line so you could do a little more shopping while you waited.

Saturday night we able to attend a private party at The Children's Museum. We had such a great time!

I ended up getting an early Christmas present from my parents. Want to see?


Twenty four packages of pine tongue and groove paneling! It is going to be my new kitchen ceiling! It was on sale buy one package get one free so it was a great deal. I have been wanting this for a while and am so excited! Chuck is on vacation from Christmas Eve until after the New Year and is planning to start the installation then. I can't wait!

Today I plan to get the house back in order so that I can continue to decorate. Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Love the early Christmas Gift!! Where did you find the paneling? You are so blessed to have a handy husband. I can't wait to see the new kitchen - it will be beautiful! Sounds like your weekend was very busy - make sure to have fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the paneling at Menards. It comes in a package of 6, 8 foot pieces. I think it was $8.88 a package and then you received one package free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift!

    I went shopping on Friday, too. I was in and out of the store in 25 minutes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exciting about the ceiling! Nathan "helped" me decorate the tree, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were at Kohl's a little after 5 am on Friday morning. It was crazy, but my sister found what she was looking for and we were out in 45 minutes. I was just there for moral support!

    We went to a few other stores later on but they weren't that crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!