Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Wrap Up

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We had a wonderful time full of family, fun, gifts and most importantly remembering the birth of our saviour!

I have a funny story to share. On Christmas morning we hear Megan come into our room about 4am. She has her blanket and pillow and lies down on a quilt next to our bed. She immediately falls back to sleep. Whew... we are happy parents! Megan then wakes us up about 6:45. I look over and guess what I see... Christmas presents! Apparently she woke up and went into the living room before waking us up. She had been playing with toys from her shopping cart and brought them back into our room to play with. Very funny!

After having a good laugh we headed out to see what was under the tree.


This is what was waiting for us!


I received a wonderful gift. A sign handmade by Kindra at 3 Guys A Girl and a Prim Place. I love the saying and was so touched that Chuck got it for me! Kindra makes wonderful things, so be sure to check out her shop.


One of Megan's gifts was a baby cradle. Not just any cradle, but one that used to be mine. My sister and I received matching cradles for Christmas when we were about 3 or 4 years old. Here is the before picture.


After a coat of paint and some handmade bedding it is as good as new!


We keep Christmas morning simple and had a wonderful time. As much as I love Christmas I am always ready to return to our normal schedule. All of the Christmas decorations are put away and I am looking forward to a uneventful week home with my family.

5 comments:

  1. Megan is so cute! I love the sign as well as the re-made baby cradle. How sweet to be able to pass it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Megan was ready for some presents! That story is so sweet. :) So glad you like your sign. And I'm so glad I didn't spill the beans and ask you earlier if you liked your sign...I didn't know it was a gift. LOL

    Thank you always for your sweet comments on my blog. I very much appreciate them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi - I love the cradle. I had one when I was little and my dad later fixed it up for my daughter. I have no idea what happened to it and that is sad. I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. We spent ours with my mom where she lives and had a great visit with her. Looking forward to this new year and all it brings.

    Please feel free to visit me anytime at The Shadow of the Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see Megan's excitement. Glad you had a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the sweetest Christmas morning at your house! Megan is just a little doll! What a blessing she must be! What a special gift to get the cradle that used to belong to you!

    Kindra's creations are all great! I love the sign!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!