Friday, November 21, 2008

Handprint Ornament

I saw some cute ornies that Colleen at And Baby Makes Five had made using Ornamental Gingerbread Dough. As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make some. Here is what I made with my dough:


Handprint ornaments. I had traced Megan's hand and used the cut out as a pattern to cut out the dough. Instead of using a straw to make the hole I cut out a freehand heart.

I wrote her name and age on the back of the ornament. I plan to give it out as a gift. I will also be making one of each of the kids I watch for their parents.

I love that I will be able to see Megan's little hand each Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. That is so precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! I was trying to think of some ideas for ornaments to give away that represented the kids...now I know exactly what to do!!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi, I love this idea!! Now I know what the kiddies can get for the grandparents.
    Elise
    Oh, thank you for the advice on my dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    That is so sweet! I love that...and what a treasure you have now! And Megan is precious! I don't know if you knew or not, but we have an adopted son from Korea (who is now 19).

    Tell me how you actually got the shape of the cookies. Did you trace her hand and cut it out and use the middle cut out part by placing it on the dough and then cutting around the shape?

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments! Come back anytime! I love meeting new folks and finding new blogs too!

    Have a great Thanksgiving week!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!