Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whatcha Workin' on Wednesday

I am really running late today. You know the saying better late then never, well that is the motto for today.

I have been a busy little bee since returning from our vacation. Monday was spent doing laundry and all of those fun household chores. I do most of my laundry on Monday, with sheets and towels on Wednesdays. I will run a load of clothes on Wednesday and Friday if I have enough for a load. Since I keep up pretty good on the laundry I had forgotten how much work it is when you just do it once a week. I felt like I was never going to finish up the laundry on Monday.

Tuesday was spent doing yard work. Megan and I went out and picked up pine cones in the afternoon. Then grandma stopped by and Megan went with her to see grandpa and have dinner. Chuck and I used this time to cut grass. We then hit the Chick-fil-A drive thru and stopped by the bookstore on our way to pick up Megan.

I hadn't been to the bookstore in a while. I could have spent a fortune there!

Today was spent cleaning out my closet and crafting. I am using some of the collected pine cones to make a wreath for my front door. I had Chuck cut out a large circle out of cardboard to use as the base for the wreath.

I then started to glue on the pine cones with my handy glue gun.


This is what I have completed so far:


The plan is to add a large homespun bow and hang it on my front door as my Christmas wreath. I usually like to hang a wreath of fresh greens, but I am trying to cut back on spending. You can't beat a wreath that is well... free!

Once I have it complete I will post a picture. Stop by and visit Leslie to take a peek at what other's are working on.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea with the pinecone wreath!! I might have to try to make a miniature version with my son. :)

    Gotta love book stores. When my hubby and I get that rare date away from the kids, we always end up at Barnes and Noble. So relaxing.

    Thanks so much for stoppig by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an awesome idea...I'm going to try that also!
    I try to stay away from bookstores. My favorite is Carpenter's Son, our local christian book store...I can't go in...or if I do, I always spend money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is one big wreath! How big is it? That is a great idea. I may make one too. We have lots and lots and lots of pinecones in our yard! Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chick Fil A and a bookstore, does it get any better?

    Love the wreath idea. Very cute.

    Tag, you're it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very creative. Other than the hot glue, the little boys would love making one of these. They love gathering pine cones at the park!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very crafty!! What a great idea to save money! I've always loved fresh green wreaths for Christmastime, but have never bought one because of the price. I especially love the frosted/flocked wreaths too! Oh, I just love Christmas altogether....I found your blog through Carrie at With All that I've been Given. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Wendi! You HAVE been busy!!! But don't you LOVE the feeling when it's all accomplished and you're back to your normal routine at home? :)

    I cannot wait to see how you finish your wreath. I love your crafting ideas!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this and it would be a fun activity to do w/ my son...first finding the pinecones then letting him make his own wreath. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!