Monday, October 06, 2008

Weekend Stuff

On Saturday we headed to the fall festival at church. Megan had a blast!

She had her face painted for the first time. She picked out the balloons herself and sat so still while it was done.


Megan won this bottle of soda in a ring toss.


She was so proud of this bottle. I hope she didn't think it was her bottle to drink!

The local fire department was there and so was the lifeline helicopter. We were sad when they received a call and had to take off. Although it was neat to see the helicopter take off. Megan keep telling everyone about the helicopter flying away.


Of course it wouldn't have been a festival without games!


It was so much fun and we heard the total in attendance was about 400 people. Great turnout!

The thing that made us the happiest was that Megan did so well with all of those people around. Usually when there is a crowd or we are someplace new she wants to be held. She did not ask to be held once and was even talking with people! She has come such a long way.

Speaking of coming along way... here is her toddler bed. Can you believe that my baby is in a toddler bed?!



We re-arranged her room and it looks so much bigger. Now I just need to clean out some of the toys. Megan is so proud of her big girl bed.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun time!!! She's so cute with that big bottle of soda! hehe! Glad they had a good attendance! :)

    And I love Megan's room and toddler bed!!! Sooo cute! Isn't it so bittersweet as they grow up??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I love those pigtails...yes, its hard to believe when they get out of the crib! Christopher was out early...Matthew STILL isn't out...and I might keep Michael in there forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that bottle is almost as big as she is :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    Enjoyed seeing these pix. Her room and bed are darling. I'm really nervous about Nathan switching to a "big boy" bed, but we're not planning to buy a 2nd crib!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter loves the name Megan, and when she was planning to get pregnant, before Christmas one year, I bought a Christmas ornament that is made of wood, and spells out "Megan". Well, four little boys later, there will be no Megan in the family. I'd love to send it to your Megan. If you email me, I will send it wherever you want me to send it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just took the side off to make a toddler bed for Lilyann, and after about 10 falls out, or finding her sleeping across the room, we had to put it back up! I guess she'll just have to transition straight to her big sisters bed.
    Hope you're having more luck with that than we are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, That is so sweet of you. I tried to go to your blog to find your email address. It said your profile is not public so I couldn't reach your blog. Please leave me your email/blog address and I will get you my address. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendi, my email address is neroath@hotmail.com
    I'm happy to send the ornament to your little Megan!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!