Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Walnuts!

You know the saying that you learn something new everyday? Well, it is true! While hanging out at my father-in-law's house one weekend he was talking about throwing black walnuts into the ravine and what a pain they were for his lawnmower.

I just assumed that they were walnut shells that had been cracked open by the squirls. Nope. On the way home I mentioned the walnuts to Chuck and said that they were whole walnuts.

I became very excited and started imagining all the fun we would have collecting nuts and all the free nuts I could stash in my freezer.

I had in mind collecting a five gallon bucket of nuts. Imagine my surprise when we showed up and my father-in-law had already collected a 32 gallon trash can full!


I can't believe that I never knew that he had walnut trees! See you do learn something new every day.

2 comments:

  1. Not too attractive in that state! I wish I had a walnut tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!