Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Getaway '08

We had so much fun on our getaway! The area we go to is where my dad is from, so we still have family there. The main reason we go there is for my family reunion. We enjoy the area so much that we make it a mini-vacation. We stay at an Indiana State Park Inn and it is fabulous!

It is fire prevention month so the inn had a huge Smokey the Bear in the lobby. Megan loved him! She had to go say Hi every morning and goodnight in the evening.


We took some long drives in the country. I know some think this is weird, but we love to explore old cemeteries. We found a little country church in the middle of no where a cemetery is on the church grounds. We spent a good portion of the afternoon exploring. The oldest birth we found was 1775. They are in the process of replacing some of the old stones. I feel it is so important to preserve our past!

There is a pioneer village in the park. We had a great time exploring it. I thought this cabin was so cute!

Can you imagine a winter in a space this small? I certainly can't, but what a cute vacation spot this would be.

We wanted to attend the church service at the pioneer village chapel, but were not able to make the 8:30 service. Maybe next year.


We split for dinner one evening and took three of our nieces. We found a great picnic spot for dinner and then the kids had a good time running around and exploring the area. A great way to run off all of that energy!

We are already planning our trip for next year!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun and that cabin is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your family had a nice time together. Wouldn't that cabin make the perfect playhouse? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whata nice little vacation! I like how that cabin is decorated for harvest season. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a nice time Wendi!!! I just LOVE that little cabin too!!! Sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!