Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Day in My Life

Nothing exciting happening around here. I like to have a peek at what other people do with their day so I thought I would share my Tuesday.

It started at 6:15 when Megan woke up. She watched a little Disney while I woke up. We then had pancakes for breakfast. After that I started the dishwasher (forgot to set it the night before... oops!) and started a load of laundry. I don't normally do laundry on Tuesday, but Megan's pull up leaked. I washed the bedding and then did a load of towels.

After we were dressed and ready for the day I tackled this trouble spot.


I only keep the most recent catalogs and put the rest in the recycle bin. I had a pile of recipe and craft books. I have put them all away for now. I have so much going on that I don't need any new projects!


I then vacuumed the house and my helper was right beside me using her toy vacuum. Too cute! We went for a walk and then I did a quick clean of the bathroom. It needs a deep clean, but that is for another day.It was then time for lunch and nap time!I surfed the web, did some reading and made cookies while Megan napped.


I had to babysit in the afternoon. The kids arrived about 1:15 and Megan was up by that time. It was a beautiful afternoon and we headed outside. We had a good time playing on the swings and taking a walk.

The kids were picked up about 3:00 and we headed inside to finish dinner. We sat down to roast beef, mashed potatoes and green beans when Chuck arrived home around 4:30.

I spent a portion of my evening cutting fabric for my garland.


I have all the fabric cut in width and just need to cut it to the correct length. It looks like I need to pick up a little more green fabric. I am taking this project on our get away next week. It is a project that will be easy to pick up and work on as time permits.

We ended our evening with a gentle rain.


Megan enjoys watching the rain and hearing it hit the metal roof on our back porch. After that it was time for Megan to head to bed.

Chuck and I watched NCIS and watched some of the debate. By 10 o'clock I was snug in bed and fast asleep.

Hope you enjoyed you peek into my day.

3 comments:

  1. I liked reading about your day, Wendi! Sounds like we both had roast beef and mashed potatoes for dinner yesterday. Yum! We also watched NCIS and part of the debate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny. I have a longaberger basket next to my recliner that has a stack of magazines and catalogs just like yours!:)I'm just getting into this blog thing and it is neat to see other ladies like me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh!! I can't wait to see your garland!! I can't imagine what it will look like, but, knowing you, it'll be gorgeous!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!