Thursday, October 30, 2008

Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup


The weather had turned and there is now a chill in the air for most of day. For me that means it is time to cook up some warm your tummy comfort foods. This is what we had for dinner last night.



Wendi's Vegetable Beef Soup Crock pot Style

1 lb beef cut into cubes (I used a round steak that I purchased on clearance)
2 cups tomato or vegetable juice (I used a pint of home canned tomato juice)
4 cups water
1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tbs beef bouillon
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix all of this together and then add:

4 cups diced potatoes
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups green beans (I used a pint of home canned green beans)

Cook on high for 7 hours or until the veggies are cooked to your liking. I always check the broth about an hour before we eat to be sure it is seasoned to our taste. Sometimes I need to add a little salt.

I served this with a slice of Sandra's Simple White Bread.

Be sure to visit Sandra for more delicious crock pot meals. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! Perfect comfort food for colder weather. Thanks for sharing!

    Renee'
    http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love soup here. Especially in these cold days! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE soup and this one looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good. I love soup in the crockpot. Thanks for sharing!

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup looks delicious! This cool weather has me in the mood to get out my crock pot and make some soup!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!