Friday, October 03, 2008

Crab Apples

My next door neighbor has a couple of crab apple trees. She was having some of the branches trimmedand I couldn't resist taking a few. They were loaded with crab apples and I ended up with a five gallon bucket.


So far I have placed some in the bottom of my Mason jar candle holders.


I am not sure about the fabric I tied on. What do you think, with or without the fabric?


I have also started to make a garland. I am not yet sure what I am going to do with it.

I am thinking about using some in a wreath and my neighbor mentioned that you can make jelly out of them. I have lots of crab apples to use, so if you have a suggestion let me know.

3 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. My parents have a crab apple tree in their backyard, and as kids, Monica and I had alternating duty for picking the yukky ones up from the ground and picking up after our dog. So I don't have the best memories of crab apples. =) But my mom did make jelly from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use the garland on your Christmas tree if you make it big enough. I have the fake wooden garland that looks like it and I love it on my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the same stuff you use as garland for the Christmas tree? I like the ribbon on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!