Friday, September 05, 2008

Peace and Quiet


Peace and quiet is exactly what I had last night. Oh was it nice! We had plans to go to Chuck's dad and step-mom's. I was tired and had a headache, so I stayed home.

I was in my pj's as soon as they walked out the door (about 5:30). I surfed the net a little bit, looked at the grocery ads and was just still. Surprising what you can hear when the tv is off and there is no one else in the house. The tick tock of the clock, the ice maker filling up with water and sweet, sweet silence.

I headed to bed at 7:30 with a book in hand and enjoyed my peace and quiet. How refreshing it is for the soul! Hope you are able to steal a little peace and quiet for yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love peace and quiet and moments like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel better after I recharge my batteries. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet stillness and peace....such a beautiful thing! I am so glad you got to experience it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!