Thursday, September 04, 2008

Mishap

Yesterday afternoon there was a minor mishap at my house.

Shannon was here picking up her kids. We had chatted and they were getting ready to leave when Megan and her son had a tiff over a book. I was telling Megan to give the book back when we heard a crash and glass breaking.

We both froze and looked at each other. I said I think it came from the garage. Boy was I scared! We have had a few incidents of trouble in the neighborhood and my first thought was someone was breaking in.

Shannon's husband is a police officer and she was had his number ready to call and I had my phone and had 911 punched. I still can't believe I was this brave... I had all the kids stand by Shannon and opened the door to the garage!

I never expected to see this!


It was a hot day and Shannon had left her van running. I guess she didn't put it in park and somehow after a few minutes of sitting it rolled into our garage door!



She is completely embarrassed and can't believe that she did not put the van in park. Neither, Chuck or I are mad about this. It was an accident. We made sure to tell her that several times.

The good news is that we are both insured with the same company. That should make it much simpler. At least I hope.

Chuck removed the door last night and boarded it up. So even though we don't have a door we are nice and secure.

As much of a pain as it will be to get estimates and such I am grateful.

Grateful that she had parked so she was in the center of the garage door. Can you imagine the damage if she had hit the house. I am grateful that Megan and Connor were arguing over the book. Had they been attempting to get into the van or someone walked in front of it as it began to roll... so many things to give thanks for.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm thankful too, that the kids were inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wendi - I am so thankful that everyone is ok! Hope all will go as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK YOU BOTH SHOULD BE THANKFUL THE VEHICLE DIDN'T RUN OVER ANY CHILDREN! THAT'S ABSOLUTELY CARELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness! You're right; it could have been much worse. I hope the insurance company is cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right, it could have been worse, I'm so glad everyone is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Thankgoodness no one was hurt.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. that is scary. I'm so glad all of the children and you and your friend are okay. It could have been a lot worse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!