Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall Festival

One of our fall traditions is to attend a small town festival. This is something that I have been attending since I was a child. Rain is in the forecast for the entire weekend so we were trying to beat the rain by attending last night.

There were sprinkles on the drive there and then a steady rain when we first arrived. Luckily it didn't last long.


One thing I love about this festival is that it is local. You can get a hot dog and ribeye sandwich from the local Little League. Pulled Pork sandwiches from the local fire department and grilled corn on the cob from the town's United Methodist Church.

Most places were you spend the money it is going right back into the community. We ran into people we know and someone from a booth even called Chuck by name to say Hi! This is exactly the way I picture it in Mitford!


Megan played a couple of games and then we headed home. There will be a parade on Saturday, but due to the rain I don't think it will take place. My hope is that while growing up Megan will develop as many fond memories of this festival as I have.

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE fall and fall festivals!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love local festivals like that! My inlaws have a fall festival at their meat market. It's at the end of this month. It is soo soo fun! It gets bigger and better every year! :) I can't WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!