Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Watcha Working on Wednesday

Leslie over at My Country Home host Watcha Working on Wednesday each week. Leslie is one busy chick. It seems that she is always working on something, very inspiring!


I made this flag about 6 years ago to hang on our shed. When we moved in there was a dog run with a picket fence type of gate. We took down the dog run and I had Chuck hang on to the gate. I knew I could find something to do with it. I ended up cutting the gate in half and making it into a flag.

Well here we are 6 years later and it was starting to not look so good. Chuck took it down for me while doing some paint touch up on the shed. I am going to give it a good sand and then re-paint it. Once it is back up on the shed I will take a picture.


Another project I am working on is a homespun garland for my Christmas tree. I am cutting strips out of this fabric for my garland. I can't find my rotary cutter so I have been cutting fabric by hand. Ugh! I have so many strips to cut that I might have to go buy a new cutter. This project will be a work in progress for a while. I doubt I will be able to show the finished project until closer to Christmas.

Be sure to stop by Leslie's to see what others are up to.


5 comments:

  1. Love the home spun for the garland. I last winter I cute strips of home spun and tied them to strans of white lights and hung them on the curtin rods at christmas. What are you tieing your strips to for the tree garland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your picket fence flag...even though it needs a touch up. I just love things like that but then I think I may have too many flags outside and the neighbors may think I'm incredibly patriotic! LOL

    I made lots of that garland years ago. All by hand! I even had friends ask me to make them for them because they didn't have the time. I still enjoy getting them out every year but have yet to make enough for the big tree! LOL I like the fabrics you picked!

    Have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder of the home spun garland...a friend made me one a few years back...think I will make some this year.
    Love the flag made out of recycled wood too.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flag is awesome!! I love flags!! I once made a homespun garland for my tree and I loved it!! Have a great night!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alaska Family,
    I plan to make my garland by tying strips of fabric to twine. I hope I have the time and patients to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!