Yesterday was another fantastic day here. Chuck ended up taking a vacation day and we were busy all day long.
I have the gate flag almost done. I need to paint on the star and then seal it. My problem is that I can't find the pattern for the original star that I used. Ugh! I tried a couple of star patterns that I had in my craft book but they did not work. I will have to surf the net for another pattern. Hopefully we will be able to hang it this weekend and then I can post a finished picture next week.
We worked on some maintenance things today also. Chuck fixed the leak in the gutter on the back deck. Slowly but surely Megan's playhouse is getting fixed. The rotten wood was replaced on the porch today and should be ready for paint soon. I can't wait to get it done. I have some ideas floating around for finishing touches.
This is the project that I finished today.
When we first moved in mom bought this for me. Over the years it was wearing down and needed some repair. This spring we went out to give it some TLC and the barn split in half. The old barn was used for a pattern and a replacement was made. After painting it I gave it a coat of poly to make it more durable. Red barns are one of my favorite things!
Be sure to visit Leslie for to see what others are working on.