Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic Closing Celebration Dinner

I couldn't let the Olympics pass without a celebration. I decided to make a special dinner to celebrate the closing ceremonies. I made an Asian BBQ Chicken in a stir fry. I decided that I had to serve it over noodles after I found these.

How special that I was able to find noodles to represent the Birds Nest!


It so yummy and we even used chopsticks to eat. Which was comical. I stink at using chopsticks. Thank goodness they pulled out the forks while we were in China!

Megan even tried using chopsticks. Look at that concentration. She finally gave up and went back to eating her noodles with a fork or her fingers.

Since this was such a special dinner I pulled out Megan's tea set. The province that she is from is know for their porcelain so while in China we purchased her a hand painted tea set.

Megan loves tea and thought it was great to be able to drink it out of her tea cup. She keep asking for more.

As most of you know China has a very special place in our hearts. We have enjoyed watching the Olympics. It has been so neat to see all the places that we were able to visit. Oh the memories it has brought back.

Asian BBQ Chicken

1 cup honey BBQ sauce
4 1/2 t soy sauce
1/2 t ginger
1/4 garlic powder

Cook chicken until juices run clear. Add vegetables of your choice (I used carrots, broccoli & cauliflower) and saute until crisp tender. Add BBQ sauce and simmer until hot. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! So glad you all enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special meal, Wendi! I stink at using chopsticks, too.

    I like your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you came by to visit me, I decided I'd like to get to know you! I am glad I did:-) I love the tea set your purchased for Megan...how thoughtful! We also have a soft spot for China. My husband travels there often on business and often sees groups of little girls going to their "new homes." So Special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!