Friday, August 08, 2008

Lemon Summertime Cake

This is a wonderful cake that is perfect for a warm summer day. When I was young we would go to Virginia every summer to visit my grandparents. One summer while at Mom and Pop's we were introduced to this cake.


It is a basic yellow cake that once cooled is poked with a toothpick and then a lemon is squeezed over top. Once that is complete you sprinkle sugar on top. Simple, yet delicious!

Mom recently made this cake and both my sister and I immediately thought of our grandmother and all the wonderful memories we have of our time spent with Mom and Pop. My sister even calls this cake "Virginia Cake." Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I've actually been craving lemon so I might jsut have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a refreshing summer recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!