Friday, August 29, 2008

Haven Swap

Monica and Carrie hosted another swap: Haven. I love the theme of this swap! Isn't making our home a haven what we all strive for? I know I do.

Ginger at One Day at a Time was my partner in this swap. Here is a picture of my goodies.



I received:

Three pot holders. My pot holder are well worn and very stained. I had them listed on my Christmas wish list. Ginger must have been peeking into my kitchen.

A cute notepad. It says "May your glory be over all the Earth. Psalm 57:5. It came with a pen that is my new favorite.

Two postcards from the area where Ginger lives. I thought this was a wonderful touch. I will have to remember to do that for the next swap.

A package of tea. Not any tea, but China Green Tea. Everytime I drink green tea it takes me right back to my time in China.

A wonderful candle holder along with a package of votive candles. The scent is makes my home smell wonderful!

There was also a cute little basket. I can't wait to find the perfect use for my new basket.

This is what I sent to Ginger:



Three matching picture frames.
A candle in a canning jar. I believe the scent was Apple Pie.
I made four fabric balls. I really hope they match the colors in her decor.
A recipe card holder that says "Home Sweet Home." Along with some recipe cards I printed that say "With love from Ginger's kitchen."
A 2009 pocket calendar.
Two dish towels. I added some gingham fabric and some rickrack to add a little spice.

I had so much fun putting this package together. I loved everything in my package and hope that Ginger enjoyed hers also.

A huge thanks to Monica and Carrie for another wonderful swap!

Be sure to check out Carrie's blog for a peek at other great swap packages.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Wendi - Thank you so much for joining in our swap! I'm so glad you had fun, it was so fun to see all your goodies both sent and received!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    Ginger had some nice, personal touches for your box!

    Those towels you sent are darling--love the rick rack trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the towels too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a terrific swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your blog is so cute! First of all your daughter is so sweet! You are so blessed. And I love all your recipes and handmades! I'll be back to visit! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What nice treasures you both received. Thanks for sharing, not only was this swap itself fun, but the show and tell is great, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!