Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cookie Cutter Crayons

I really enjoy checking out Amy's Notebook over at Mom Advise. There are links to great tips, yummy recipes, great crafts and things that sometimes make you just think. What I love most about this is that Amy does all the blog hopping for me!

Amy's Notebook 08/07/08 showcased this great craft from Daily Danny. As soon as I saw it I knew it was something I wanted to do. Here is are my results.

This was an easy craft. I was able to pull off the wrappers while Megan and friends were at the kitchen table coloring. I then feed the kids lunch while the crayons melted and cooled. I was then able to cut them out during nap time!

To finish this off I packaged them in cookie bags that I had on hand. I closed the bag with a pretty ribbon.

I can see these as party favors, a cute package topper for a kids gift or a fun treat in a trip package.

Be sure to visit Amy for more great ideas!

5 comments:

  1. I saw that idea too - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they turned out beautifully! I just loved the idea of doing them in a 9x13 pan. I have made the muffin ones, but haven't tried this yet. Great pick!

    Thank you SO much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project...they make the cutest favors, too!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea!! I think these would make super cute stocking stuffers!! Thank you for your sweet comment.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this but haven't tried it. I think I will now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!