Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Light Banana Bread

I stumbled across a recipe for Weight Watchers Banana Bread.

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites
1 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x4 loaf pan. Mix together dry ingredients add wet ingredients just until moist. Bake 50 - 55 minutes. Turn onto wire rack and cool before slicing. Slice into 12 slices. 3 points each.

I know that there are recipes out there with less points, but I was trying to avoid using Splenda.

Hubby said that is was good, but a little flat. Let me tell you why it was flat. While typing out this recipe I realized that I had forgotten to add the baking powder!! Oops!! Oh well, at least we got a good laugh tonight. Considering it tasted pretty good without the baking powder I will be giving this another try.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...I love banana bread...but I have a weakness and HAVE to put chocolate chips in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!