Friday, June 06, 2008

Story Time Seat

I am a huge fan of reading to children. It is something that I have been doing with Megan since the day she was placed in my arms. I can tell that it has had a big impact on her. She loves her books!

The problem I have been having is that Megan is use to sitting on my lap while I read. With additional children in the house this poses a problem. If I turn the book so those sitting on floor can see then Megan can not, and if I make it so Megan can see the book then it is difficult for the others. It was getting to the point that our morning story time was stressful!

My solution was to make everyone a story time seat.


I gave everyone a piece of scrapbook paper to color on. I then cut the paper into a circle. I used Word and made the first initial of every ones name and then attached it to the circle. I then used contact paper to make the seat durable.

It is working out great!

Now if someone is getting up during story time all I have to do is remind them that during story time their bottom stays on their story time seat. Less stress for all of us and the bonus to all of this is that it is helping the kids with letter recognition for their first name!


5 comments:

  1. What a creative way to solve the problem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea... I'd love to have you add it to my Learning for Little Ones Mr. Linky if you are interested. Here's the post for this week: http://babychaser.blogspot.com/2008/06/learning-for-little-ones-songs-with.html.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!