Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sidewalk Paint

While browsing around I found a recipe for homemade sidewalk paint. I loved that it was made with items from my kitchen. As you know with some toddlers there is always the risk of it ending up in their mouth.

1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
food coloring

Mix cornstarch and water together. Add food coloring for desired color.


The girls loved this! They painted for almost half an hour. They also loved that my niece Katie was here to play with them. She and her sister are my summer help. On afternoons when I have all of my daycare kids (5 of them) one of them will be helping me out. It allows them to earn some pocket change and for me to keep my sanity! When they were done all I had to do to clean up the back porch was to hose it off.

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Monica and her kids are visiting us next month, and this would be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!