Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Garden Woes

Here is my little garden patch.


Isn't it sad?! We had a cold spring and then had difficulty getting the tiller. This resulted in getting the garden out late. The day after I planted we had a massive amount of rain. I was very worried that nothing would survive. I have four tomato plants, one zucchini and one cucumber plant. That is it. No green beans or corn made it. Although I am sad I know that I can re-plant and have late beans.

The good news is that Mom's garden looks great and I am sure she will share some goodies with us. I hope your veggies are doing better than mine!

3 comments:

  1. Our garden is not doing well this year - but I think it is due to a busy mama not pulling all the weeds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    Our garden is also looking rather sad. A well-meaning campus maintenance staffer planted grass seed in the plot while we were traveling, so it's been hard for our veggies to compete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where you live but here in Va we can plant corn until July 4th and beans until the first of August. Do you like things like carrots, beets and spinach? You can plant them for a cool weather crop. Also you can plant herbs and elephant garlic. By the way i like your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!