Thursday, May 29, 2008

Star Spangled Mason Jars

This past Friday it was our turn to host Family Fun Night. This is something that Chuck's family does one Friday a month. Each month one family takes a turn to host this event. Since it was Memorial Weekend I went with an Americana theme.

This what I used a center pieces.

The pinwheels came from the dollar store. There were eight in a pack. I planned to just use sand to hold in the pinwheels and then tie on red, white and blue ribbon. My mom surprised me with the red, white and blue stones. Thanks Mom! I thought they turned out really cute. I plan to remove the pinwheel, add a votive and candle and display a couple in my kitchen window through July 4th. I love how veritable Mason Jars are!

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I love using Mason jars too.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive!

    I have a section of my porch decorated in an "Americana" theme all year long. Red, white and blue is my favorite color combination. I even bought planters of red, white, and blue petunias, for that area.

    Love your mason jars, with the pin wheels, and colored glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your site and I am so glad I did! I love it, and you have very creative ideas!I am going to copy the pin wheel centerpieces!
    Blessings,
    katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable, Wendi! I'll be snagging that idea too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!