Friday, May 09, 2008

Change

Change is on the horizon in my home. On Saturday my sister-in-law called and said she was in the area and asked if she could stop by. She had something she wanted to talk about. Ought oh... she never just stops by.

My step-mother-in-law has been watching my niece and nephew two days a week and I was keeping them on Wednesday. Step-mother-in law decided she no longer wants to watch the kids. She wanted them put in daycare. She even went so far as to find a daycare center and thought because she was going to pay for it that it would be so. Hello... not your children, not your decision!

To make a long story short... my sister-in-law and brother-in-law decided that they did not want their kids in a daycare center. Starting on Tuesday I will be keeping the kids four days instead of my normal one day. This is not something that I had planned on doing. Having three kids two and under is lots of work!

Chuck and I talked about it and decided to give it a try. The extra money will help us with some financial goals and the kids really are good.

I am sure that there will be some adjustment in the first couple of weeks. I will need to find a schedule that allows me balance meeting the needs of my family and home and the needs of the kids. I am a little anxious about this but I keep telling myself that I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!

So if my post are sporadic you will know why! I will keep you posted as I work through this new schedule.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you on this. I know how having several toddlers in the house can be and how they seem to bring some kind of change to every day!

    Since you already have a child of your own, the adjustment may be easier for you. I am not the most naturally flexible person and I am learning a lot about flexibility and balance between kids and things to be done around the home. It is hard sometimes.

    The best thing you can do is give it a try. If it doesn't work out, at least you did your best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for this! I'm sure your in-laws will appreciate knowing that someone they can trust is caring for their children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to all of you. Your sister-in-law trust her children with you and that says a lot but you are right, it will be work. I understand how this can make your life nuts for a while. We'll all still be here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    Wow--that is a big change! I pray that God will give you what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I found you again. I had a blip with my computer and lost all my favorite places. I'd switched most of the blogs I follow to Bloglines, but yours wasn't on a feed at the time. I'm thrilled to see you have a feed now.

    Good luck on your new job. It sounds like you'll have your hands full. I hope it all works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been keeping my neice more and more.. and I sort of feel like I have to say yes everytime to keep her out of the dreaded day care. I love keeping her, but like Mary ann says its hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!