Friday, March 07, 2008

Tortilla Bowls

One of my favorite things to eat is salad. I love lettuce! To spice up a dinner of taco salad I tried making tortilla bowls.


They were so easy! I sprayed a metal mixing bowl with cooking spray. Inserted the tortilla in order for it to take on the desired bowl shape. I baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I found that the edges cooked much faster then the bottom of the bowl. In the future I think that once the shape is set after baking for a few minutes I will transfer it to a cookie sheet. I think this would help it to bake more evenly.

This is what dinner looked like.

I admit that I ate very little of the bowl. Just because I am such a lettuce lover, but I loved the presentation!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I never thought to make these at home. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Such a simple and great idea!!! Thanks so much!!! :)

    Thanks for your comment on my dining room...although, the walls are painted..not wallpaper..:) My mom and I did it! Although, i do have a border up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea thanks for sharing....Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!