Monday, March 31, 2008

Contentment

I admit this is an area where I sometimes struggle. I don't know why. When I stop and really think about it I have a great life. I have a husband that adores me and I adore him, my dream of becoming a mama came true. I am able to stay home and care for my family. I have a home, plenty of food, really anything I need.

It is hard living a world of more, more, more. You see the "Jones Family" with their huge house, brand new cars, taking wonderful vacations and then discontentment seeps in. It creep in last week and I really dislike it when that happens.

Luckily when I have this feeling it doesn't last long. Chuck and I talked about it this weekend and that really helped.

This is the verse that I have been thinking about:

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. ~Philippians 4:11

I also read:

A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. ~Proverbs 15:13

So as a new week begins that is how a plan to begin, with a happy heart!

6 comments:

  1. We taught Christopher the verse about a Happy Heart... we use it every time he gets discontent... I think that is Satan's greatest tool: discontentment...
    Thanks for sharing your heart and giving the reminder!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these reminders, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contentment is hard to live in. It's a choice I have to make hourly, it seems. This world offers so much "stuff" that is lovely to look at and dream of owning. But one thing that always helps me, is to remember I can't take it with me one day. All these things will fade away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to recommend a book to you - "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that first scripture, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I bet the Jones's are looking at other Jones's and feeling discontented. Which I guess, means that some one is looking at us thinking wow I wish........
    Great post.
    Lynn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!