Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine Fun

Yesterday was a fun day! Here is the table all set for the party.


I used my favorite table cloth. I use this a lot in the summer for our picnics. I added my cake plate to the middle of the table with cupcakes inside. The picture doesn't show this well, but around the base of the cake stand was sugar cookies cut into X & O's along with heart shapes. At each place there was a muffin cup that had conversation hearts inside.

Because I hadn't been feeling well I was happy when Monica posted with a link to coloring pages. The kids had a good time coloring these and snacking on their conversation hearts.

Then it was time for snack.

After snack they played for while and when they left everyone received a goodie bag.

I had some candy inside: Reese's Peanut Butter Heart, box of conversation sweet tarts. For the girls I also had a candy bracelet. For the lone little man he had candy that was shaped like wheels.

I had planned on pizza for dinner, but was treated to dinner out instead. For dinner tonight we will feast on pizza topped with a cheese heart. To make this heart I placed a cookie cutter on top and filled it in with cheese. So easy!


Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun party, Wendi! Such a cute idea to make a heart of cheese on top of your pizza. You and Monica are too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cute...I didn't even do anything for the boys because I just haven't been feeling well. Thankfully, the grandparents got them lots of cute things...and I was treated to dinner out also!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time they had!!! This is the first Valentine's day in my 34 years of marriage that I have not bake cupcakesfor Valentine's Day. I love what you did with the pizzia...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!!! You make everything seem extra special!!

    Oh, and where did you buy your cake plate? Mine, sadly, recently got chipped VERY badly and I will be getting a new one. I really like yours!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs U,

    I received my cake plate as a gift many years ago. I believe that it was purchased at Macy's. Thank you for your sweet comment!

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!