Monday, February 25, 2008

Muffin Fun!

While watching Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee I saw her make muffins in a tin can. I am always looking for ways to spice up dinner so I added this to my list of things to try. I made Blueberry Muffins in soup cans and they turned out great!


1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and well drained.

Heat over to 350 degrees. (For regular muffins heat to 400) Grease entire inside of tin can (or bottoms of muffin tins). Beat milk, oil, vanilla and eggs. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all at once just until four is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries. Fill cans 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.

Yields 5 soup can muffins. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!