Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Coupon Organization

Since bringing Megan home I have been struggling with my coupons. This is my current coupon organizer.


I pull out the coupons I know I am going to use before I go shopping and paperclip them to my shopping list. The problem I was having is if I found something while shopping and had to thumb through this, hold my list and keep a toddler entertained. This just wasn't working for me.


This is my solution.


I bought a binder and found picture holders for my coupons. I was able to add tabs and break things down. I am able to have as many pockets within a category that I need. I can now separate my toothpaste and shampoo coupons where in the past they were all lumped together in one pocket. The thing I love most about this is that I have a category for CVS so I can keep track of my ECB's, craft store and restaurants coupons. I also have a pocket in the front for storing my shopping list. I am sure that as I use this more I will have some kinks to work out, but for the moments I am loving it!

6 comments:

  1. I really like your idea! I have the same organizer as your before photo but I like your after idea so much I may have to "steal" it. Do you think the overall size of the binder will be a problem? I'm wondering if I will bring such a large binder to the store or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this too. What size pockets are you using? I've seen this done with baseball card sleeves and wonder how easy it is to get the coupons out??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea! I never can find what coupons I need when they're stashed in a drawer.
    I hope the yuckies are gone at your house by now. We're still in the midst of it, and hoping it's soon gone.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I was reading your post and am wondering where you got the sleeves from?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!