Friday, December 21, 2007

Glass Ball Picture Ornaments

I have been busy finishing up last minute Christmas gifts. This year one of the gifts for my step mother-in-law is ornaments with pictures of the grandkids. This is what you need to make the ornaments: glass ornaments balls (purchased at Michaels 4 for $2.94), shredded paper (purchased at Wal-Mart for 0.94 cents), ribbon and scrap scrapbook paper (if you want to make a tag), and pictures of your choice.


Cut your picture into a circle.(I cut out circles on scrap paper to get the correct size I needed.) Then roll your picture up so you can slide it through the top of the ornament. Once inside it will pop back open. You may need to play with it a little to get it in the correct position. I used my cake tester and a pair of tweezers to help out as needed. You then put shredded paper behind the picture to cover the backside of the picture. Attach a ribbon for hanging and a tag if desired. I just wrote Merry Christmas 2007 on my tags.

Sorry for the quality of the picture. It was hard not to get a glare when taking a picture of a glass ball! These ornaments are simple and inexpensive to make. Who wouldn't love to receive a gift with a picture of their little ones!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!