Monday, December 17, 2007

Cookie Time!

This weekend my sister and I gathered at my mom's house for our annual cookie baking. Each year we usually try a new recipe. This year we tried the Neiman-Marcus Cookie.

2 cups butter
24 oz chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 8 oz chocolate bar, grated
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts

Measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder. Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda. Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375. Makes 112 cookies.

I made the entire batch, but I would suggest you half this recipe. It makes lots of cookies and the mixer wasn't so happy with the amount of cookie dough. I will be making these again. I really liked the texture the ground oatmeal gave these. A nice twist on the standard oatmeal cookie. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Love those Neiman Marcus cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Love those Neiman Marcus cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fantastic!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must try those. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!