Friday, November 16, 2007

Prayers Needed

When I checked my e-mail before turning in last night there was one with a plea for prayer. Currently there is a family in China adopting their first child and tragedy has struck. The family received their daughter, Hannah and finalized their adoption with China. Before they were able to secure the visa to bring their daughter to the US the father died. He had some complications due to diabetes and passed away in a local hospital. If losing your husband isn't bad enough this lady might loose her daughter!

Our government is declining this lady a visa to bring her daughter home. They state that since the family structure has changed she would have to re-file paperwork and they can not guarantee the outcome! Their return flight was scheduled for Saturday and the mother is currently stuck in China. There have been thousands of calls logged into her home state of Michigan pleading for help. They are asking that no more calls be placed to the government of Michigan. Her senators office is working on this. The only thing left to do is pray that little girl gets to return home with her Mommy!

Since I received this e-mail last night I have not been able to get this family off of my mind. I don't know them personally, but my heart breaks for them. Please pray for them!

You can find out more here.

***Update***

Several people are posting that Hannah has been issued a travel visa. They should be leaving China with the rest of their travel group on Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this is a sad story, I will ad this family to my prayer list...I do hope that in a time of tragedy for her she is able to bring her child home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine . . .

    Mu mother-in-law is visiting and she lives an hour from Lansing, so I told her about it, too. Sending prayers for peace and a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can only imagine what this dear lady is going through...I certainly will be praying.

    Thank you also for your kind words of sympathy for my family...they are greatly appreciated, Wendi!

    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that this looks like it is resolved...I will continue to pray...what a crazy swirl of emotions to be going through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying they will be home soon. Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!