Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fun with Candy Canes

Here are the directions:

Place candy canes on a foil lined cookie sheet. Be sure top and bottom of candy cane are touching. Bake at 240 for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool for about 2 minutes and remove to cooling rack. (if you allow to cool too long on cookie sheet it will be difficult to remove) You can then clear coat them to prevent them from becoming sticky.

My first thought was to use these as these as tie ons for gifts. After making them and realizing how cute they are I am now thinking about attaching a picture to a piece of thin cardboard and gluing it onto the back. I think these would make cute picture ornaments for grandparents! Any other ideas?

9 comments:

  1. These are cute - I was thinking gift tie-ons also, but your frame idea is darling too! No matter what you decide, they will be adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I love and collect hearts, I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! question: clear coat with what?
    I'm thinking I might add these to my goody bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would these not be pretty for Valentine's day also. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute. I think that I will beusing this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,

    Those look darling--great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I'm going to have to try that this year.

    I'm going to add this as part of the wrapping on my presents.


    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendi, those are very sweet! Love your ideas.

    Thank you for your very nice comment about my bathroom decorating...I really appreciate it!

    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea... I have some red and white ornaments on one of my trees and these would be a beautiful addition to my ornaments using mini candy canes!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!