Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Celebrating: Veteran's Day

Yesterday Chuck was off work to celebrate Veteran's Day. It is always nice to have him home for an extended weekend. I had several things planned to celebrate the day. Things did not work out the way I planned. For no reason except life. Oh well, there is always next year.

We did celebrate some. I made a card for Chuck thanking him for his service to our country and then cut brownies into the shape of stars.

My family has a tradition of serving our country. My dad during Vietnam, Chuck during Desert Shield/Desert Storm, my brother-in-law served in Bosnia, I have another brother-in-law currently in Afghanistan, not to mention several cousins on active duty. A big thank you to our past, present and future men and women who serve our great country!

1 comment:

  1. I would love it if you could share your brownie recipe. I just can't seem to find one that is moist and chewy.. They usually end up too dry. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!