Thursday, October 04, 2007

Lemon Pound Cake Muffins

1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 3/4 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
Glaze:
2 c powdered sugar
3 tbs lemon juice (I had to use more for the correct consistency)
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and extracts; beat well. Combine flour, salt and baking soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack. Drizzle glaze over muffins. Makes: 1 dozen
From Taste of Home Magazine February/March 2006
I thought these muffins were great! Next time I might add a touch more lemon to the batter. These would be fantastic served with fresh fruit. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Okay these look incredible. I think I'm modifying my shopping list accordingly. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:50 AM

    OH MY GOD MUFFINS MUFFINS MUFFINS! WHO WOULD EVER THINK TO MAKE MUFFINS IN THE MORN?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    I have to stop coming across yummy recipes! My pile of ones to try is growing, and my waistline probably is too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I remember seeing these in TOH and haven't made them yet! I will have to. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love muffins!!! To me, they are like dessert!! Yummmmmmyyyy!!

    This recipe sounds and looks TOO delicious!!! Oh dear, I can already tell there's going to be trouble with me sharing these when I make them!! LOL!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, you always have the neatest recipes...I love stopping by your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!