Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fleece Blanket

It seems like everywhere I am these days it is Baby! Baby! I just love little ones and the joy they bring! Chuck's cousin is expecting her first baby. For her shower I made this cute blanket.



You can find the instructions here. Once I saw the adorable "I love Mommy, I love Daddy" fleece I knew it would be perfect! To package the blanket I folded it and wrapped in some ribbon I had saved from Megan's shower.
I then placed the blanket in a gift bag along with some other goodies. You know those things you can't live without... nail clippers, diaper cream, baby bath and such. Then I included a homemade card with a handwritten note.

I would encourage you to try this blanket. It was a little time consuming cutting out all of the strips. Once I tied a couple of pieces and got the hang of it, it went quick. I am thinking of making smaller versions of this blanket for my nieces to use with their baby dolls. Along with a new baby doll or some doll accessories I think it would make a nice Christmas gift!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I've made a couple of these as well as some pillows (which really turned out cute) in the past. I love giving handmade gifts if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make a lap blanket for my dad (maybe Red Sox) and my SIL (maybe Yankees or Giants) and this looks like it would fit the bill perfectly. Simple and quick, yet I can personalize it with the fabric for each person! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these and thought,"I bet thats harder than it looks". But, it doesn't sound terribly difficult. Yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!