Thursday, October 18, 2007

Chocolate Pudding


1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
2 Tbs cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients in a 2 quart sauce pan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute.

Gradually stir at least half of the mixture into egg yolks. Stir mixture back into sauce pan until it boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute.

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

I poured my pudding into mini graham cracker crust to make mini chocolate pudding pie. I forgot to get the finished picture, but I garnished with a some whipped cream and a few mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, YUM!!!! How inspiring to make something so simple look so impressive and elegant! I will have to try to remember to be little more creative with my basic desserts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could come over right now and have some.... the perfect cure for the grumpies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely sinful;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:50 PM

    Yummy! How many mini crusts will this recipe fill?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!