Friday, October 26, 2007

Chicken & Noodles

With the chilly weather we are having I thought it was a perfect time to whip up some Chicken & Noodles.


2 cups cubed chicken
2 chicken bouillon cubes
3 quarts water
2 tbs cornstarch
salt & pepper to taste

Bring all to boil except for the cornstarch. I use boneless, skinless chicken breast. Once they are cooked I remove them to cube then add them back into the water. While the chicken is cooking I make my noodles. Add additional liquid as required to maintain 3 quarts of liquid.

For Noodles:

2 cups all purpose flour
3 egg yolks
1 egg
1 tsp salt

Make a well in center of flour. Mix in egg yolks and egg and salt thoroughly. Mix in 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water. 1 tbs at a time, until dough is stiff but easy to roll.

Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll one part at a time into paper thin rectangles on floured surface. Cut into desired length and width. I use a pizza cutter to cut my noodles. Place on towel and allow to dry for approximately 2 hours.


Add noodles to boiling chicken mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes (I made my noodles a little thick so cook according to the thickness of your noodles.) Add cornstarch to reach desired thickness.

I served this meal with a side of green beans and a dinner roll. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so impressed! I've been talking about wanting to make my own noodles for a long time. :-) The chicken and noodles look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fancy to make your own noodles..I too am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy! We're having chilly rain falling and that looks perfect for supper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken and noodles are one of favorite comfort foods. i have never made homemade ones thanks for the recipe. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMMMMMMMYY!! The soup looks wonderful, but it's the noodles that are calling my name!! OOohh!! I have GOT to make this SOON!! Mr. U will just die when he sees this!! YUMMMMMM!!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!