Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bananas!

While grocery shopping I picked up some clearance bananas. I got about 5 lbs for $0.89 cents! I saved a few out for my banana loving daughter and have squished and frozen the rest.


The first thing I made with my abundance of bananas was Banana Streusel Muffins.

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla

Topping:
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp butter

Combine dry ingredients and make a well in the center. Mix your wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Do not over mix. Place in greased muffin pan.

Mix ingredients for topping. Sprinkle topping over each muffin (approx tbsp). Bake 15-17 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    What a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kind of a deal! The recipe sounds good, too.
    My grandmother would wait for those banana sales, and then dry the slices of bananas. They would be chewy, not hard like the ones you buy in the store. I might have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great deal. I have some bananas around that are almost too ripe to eat - I think I'll try your recipe instead of my usual banana bread

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good deal. We like banana bread. LOL Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bargain, indeed! I keep hoping I'll come across one like that! The muffins look yummy - I love anything with Stresusel in the name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really great deal! The muffins look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those muffins looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a deal!!! :) Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! It is great to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!