Monday, September 10, 2007

Tex Mex Sundae

While cleaning up Saturday I was watching Paula Deen. When I saw her make these I knew I had to make them as treat with our Mexican themed dinner.


They were easy to make. Fry tortilla in 1/2 of oil heated over medium heat. To about 300. Fry golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. (Use fork to press down tortilla if it starts to puff up.) Drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar. (1/2 cup sugar & 1 tbs cinnamon)

Top with ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Paula topped her tortilla with homemade cinnamon ice cream and a cherry. I did not have any cherries and used regular vanilla ice cream. You can go here for Paula's complete recipe. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my bog, it's nice to meet you!

    This dessert sounds *delicious!!!*

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that and I thought it sounded so good. Would you believe I didn't even think of using store bought ice cream?

    I need to stop by the store later and you know the necessary items will be on my shopping list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!